How to Reuse and Repurpose Your Email / Newsletter Content for Maximum Results
So if you're a smart online marketer, you've been growing your list and emailing them regularly. Despite what people say about the skyrocketing popularity of social media, email still deserves a big portion of your attention because:
- The Return on Investment (ROI) is huge. The Direct Marketer’s Association states that email marketing had an average return of $43.52 for each dollar spent. Yours probably could be higher since you’re most likely a solo entrepreneur with lower overhead than large companies. In short, we can make a KILLING with email marketing.
- It's Direct Communication. Unlike other marketing methods, email reaches your subscribers directly and is addressed to them specifically, unlike the general broadcasting we do on social media and in other mediums. And if you do email right, your subscriber will feel like you're speaking directly to them and that is a powerful thing.
- It's Personal and Customizable. Email is also very personal and can be customized with names and other information subscribers voluntarily provide like they're geographic location, their interests, their goals and more.
- And Most importantly, It's Commercial. People expect commercial messages via email, making it much easier to sell via email than through web content or social media, for example. In fact, according to Marketing Land, 77% of us prefer to get commercial message through email.
Okay, so now we know that email is an important part of your marketing plan. Of course, if you've been on board with that fact already, you might be wondering what you should do with all those emails you've written. I mean, you've created that content, you broadcast it and then it just goes away.
Well, this is your opportunity to that $43.52+ ROI into something even BIGGER by reusing and repurposing those emails.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Autoresponders: Add your best emails to an autoresponder series where new subscribers will get those same messages.
- Make it Accessible: Put the content on your blog. If it's an informational piece (that may also sell a product), this is perfect for your blog.
- Get Social: Put it on your Facebook Group or Page and other social media. This is AWESOME content, share it!
- Generate Sales: Give it to your affiliates, so they can promote you. They publish the content and add their affiliate link to a relevant product. They get good content to share and make money when they refer a sale.
- Don't Just Do it Once: Reuse and reshare this content often. I will often resend a promo series months or years down the road and send it to my email list again. Or I use the emails as a template for a similar promotion. As you know, the majority of your subscribers don't open your emails...never assume they saw it or took action on it the first time around.
There are so many ways to keep that content working for you, so keep copies of your emails, so you have them at your fingertips anytime you need them. But of course, all this still needs a PLAN.
Reusing and Repurposing Doesn't Just Happen: You Need a PLAN
If you look at that list, you'll see it could potentially take a lot of time to put into place and if you leave it to chance, you'll probably never get around to it. That's why you should set up a process for getting it done.
You can use tools like IFTTT.com that can automate some of this for you. So if you post to your blog, that will then post to social media, etc. There are lots of practical applications for ensuring you get it all done.
For me, I like to customize my marketing messages for the platform and situation, so I take a more manual approach, but I DEFINITELY don't do all this work myself.
For example, the people who help with my social media, keep an eye on my emails, groups, etc. so it's their job to grab the content and repost it and reuse it. And not just once, the same content will get shared again, as appropriate.
Having people who have your back and are ready to do those things we never seem to get around to is huge in maximizing all the content you create.
What to Do Next:
Grow your list! The secret to multiplying your profits is growing that list, making all those emails you send even more valuable. If you need some help with that, we create done-for-you content packages designed to grow your list.
Be sure to bring coupon code: SAVE30 and you'll save 30% on your purchase.
Each package comes with full private label rights, which means you can edit the content, brand it, monetize it and publish it as your own. It's an incredible time-saver and makes it easy for you to create hard-to-resist opt-in offers that your visitors can't resist subscribing.
To your content publishing success,
Creating Done-for-You Content Since 2006