Get More Subscribers with These
38 Brilliant Free Gift Ideas
If there’s one thing that makes it easier for you to grow your list quickly, it’s to give away something valuable in return for the opt-in. If you’re not sure what to give away, here are 37 ideas to get you started.
1. A free PDF. Give them a report on something or a brief guide on something. We specialize in creating report and other documents you can give away free to your new subscribers. You can see our selection of available topics here.
2. An audio content download. A lot of people prefer to listen to audio in their cars or on their lunch break, instead of read. Don't worry about writing a script though. Take any of our ready-made reports and use them as your done-for-you script.
3. A video download. Videos give your audience a chance to see and hear. It also allows you to tap into new audiences by using platforms like YouTube, Vimeo and more. You can also use our ready-made reports, social media graphics and other content to put your videos together.
4. A coupon or discount code. This is perceived as almost as good as cash, especially if they plan on buying right away.
5. Free membership. Give them access to valuable ongoing content that in turn promotes your products and services.
6. Access to a forum or discussion area. People will sign up just to get access to the advice and conversations in the private area. Building a community is a key ingredients to building word of mouth, gaining trust and increasing your sales.
7. Tips. Give away a giant list of tips. For example, “101 Tips for a Better _____________.” We've got 365 self-improvement tips for right here.
8. Tools. Whether you create the tools and software or you just give a list of helpful tools to complete a task, tools are in demand.
9. Excel spreadsheets. If you run a weight loss site, give away a spreadsheet that makes it easy to track workouts. Anything that keeps your audience organized and goal focused is a valuable gift to your subscribers.
10. A mobile app. Help your subscribers get things done on the go. Have a useful mobile application developed and have them opt-in to receive the download link.
11. A CD or DVD. You may want to charge for shipping or calculate your cost-per-acquisition (how much it costs to get a new customer and how much that customer is worth) and give it away free. Either way, delivering a physical product in the mail can cement your relationship with your customer more than a digital download.
12. A guide to buying something. For example, write a buyer’s guide for choosing which Android phone to purchase. Include product reviews, comparisons and other useful information to help them make a smart buying decision.
13. Private label rights (PLR) content. Give away content that your audience can share with their audience.
14. A checklist. For instance, give people a checklist on what to look for when buying a new computer. People love checklists because they're short and to the point and help them get tasks done quickly.
15. A free preview. For example, give people the first chapter of your book for free.
16. Public domain content. Give annotated, edited or better formatted public domain content. For example, Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich” is in the public domain. You could format it to your industry and give it away for free.
17. Answer a problem they needs solved. Think of the problems your ideal customer has and give them content that helps solve that problem. The solution can be sent by email, be a PDF download or whatever makes sense for your audience.
18. Construct a course. For example, a 7-step course on Meditating to Gain Focus in Your life. Give them one email each day to help them reach their goal.
19. Rant. Give away your controversial thoughts on a specific topic in your niche. Controversy can always get attention and if you can come up with compelling, reasoned arguments, your audience will come to see you as an authority in your niche.
20. Link to your best articles and blog posts. Basically give away a report that’s really a guide to your best resources.
21. Give away recipes. People are always on the lookout for a great recipes. Think of saving them time, making them more healthy or providing some other useful benefit.
22. Do a screencast. Record your video screen and give away the video. Use it to teach something on your screen. This works great for demonstrating software, using a website or anything you can do on your computer.
23. Give away swipe files. For example, for a course on better communication, give away 10 examples of business letters they can copy.
24. Talk about mistakes to avoid. For example, “7 Mistakes Car Buyers Make When Shopping for a Car.”
25. Interview someone in your industry. If it’s a recognizable name on an in-demand topic, you’ll get a ton of opt-ins.
26. Access to a live webinar. They have to sign up now to get the access code and you've got a new subscriber. Webinars are also a great way to interact with your audience and promote products that will help them.
27. A recorded webinar. Once you've done your live webinar, that's not the end of it. You can use this recording to get new opt-ins.
28. A printable workbook. People fill as they learn. Writing down lessons helps boost retention and people love printables! We include workbooks with many of content packages.
29. Access to you. For example, promise to answer a question via email for anyone who subscribes. Just be conscious of the time you give and how that translates into revenue for your business.
30. Run a contest. Be weary of doing a big giveaway and adding everyone who enters to your mailing list. Most people won't remember they entered the contest and will wonder who the heck you are. Instead, once they enter, show them a valuable opt-in offer that is hard-to-resist, but completely optional for contest entrants.
31. Deal reminders. If you frequently do limited time deals that are shared with customers only, let people know that.
32. Random giveaways. Give a prize away to someone in your list every week or every month. Use this to entice people to sign up.
33. Members-only events. If people want to come to the event, they have to sign up. They could be local events, virtual events or whatever works for your business.
34. Give a mystery gift. Don’t tell people what they’ll get before signing up, just tell them it’s something good. Or tell them what it’ll do for them, without saying what it is. Make sure you test this to see if it works and perhaps make it a very limited time offer, so they are more compelled to sign up.
35. Your existing valuable content. Lock your old content so people have to sign up to get access to it.
36. The second half of an article. For example, you might give Page 1 of an article away for free, but people have to sign up to get the second half.
37. Statistics. Give away a detailed report about little known statistics in your industry.
Get More Help Growing Your List...FAST
We've got the training for you to grow your list quickly...and turn more of your subscribers into customers. But the best part is that not only do you get the training, we have all the fill-in-the-blanks to make it as simple as possible to create your high-converting opt-in offers.