Information Overload – The Power of Too Much Information Building a Business
Information is everywhere. U.S. Assistant Attorney, Louis Freeh once said:
“Collecting intelligence information is like drinking water out of a fire hydrant.”
While you’re not likely collecting intelligence information, that’s what information overload is like…it's like drinking water from a fire hydrant. Much of it will spill out and be missed. The same can be said about information overload with your business.
Here are a few effects of information overload:
* Feeling Too Much Stress – One of the main symptoms of information overload is to feel stress. Some people say it feels like their brain is being so bombarded by information that as information goes in one side, it’s coming out the other. Stress keeps you from being focused and makes you worry that you don't have enough information to move forward in your business.
* Lack of Confidence – When there is so much contrary information available, it’s hard for people to choose the right course of action. For example, you might see numerous reports that email marketing is dead and that you should focus on social media only…but then other people are telling you that you should focus on email marketing first. How do you know what information is right and what is wrong, and how do you proceed? The lack of confidence can cause you from making any choices or feel unsure about the choices you're making with your business.
* Improper Information Filtering – When too much information is transmitted, the person receiving it often shuts off in a way. Normally the filtering process categorizes information as important or not important, but when there is too much there is often improper filtering called twigging. This essentially means that everything is general and all information is the same. To grow your business, you need to understand which information is crucial to you and what you can leave by the wayside. If you find yourself filtering it all out, you might be suffering from information overload.
* Taking on Too Much Too Fast – Sometimes information overload can make people feel as if they can multitask everything and do more than they can. But the truth is, as shown in study after study, humans aren’t designed for multitasking. If you're looking for new information to grow your business, focus on one strategy at a time. Don't read all the blogs or buy all the products…only digest what you need and leave the rest by the wayside.
In the end, how you consume and process information is up to you. Having a good idea about you want to put focus in your business will help you make good information consumption choices. Just because people are talking about Facebook Chatbots or Shopify stores, it doesn't mean that information is relevant to you.
Need Content for Your Audience without Getting Overloaded Yourself? We've Done the Work for You!
As the CEO of your business, you've got enough to take care of. You don't need to be researching and overwhelming yourself with information, just to deliver content to your audience. To help you deliver rock solid content to your audience, check out our Self-Improvement Niche Ready-to-Publish Newsletters.
We all know the money is in the list…but there's one big obstacle that can keep you from getting that money and that's keeping in touch with and nurturing your list, but great news! It's easier than you might think. Just keep in touch regularly, all the while delivering great content and advice.
And it's even EASIER because we've ALREADY made the newsletters for you. All you do is grab 'em and then brand, monetize and publish.
(Side Note: The article you read above is a sample from the newsletter package, modified for the audience of business owners. You can view the original article that you get PLR rights to here (.txt). There are so many ways to use and repurpose this content!)
This Done-for-You Newsletter Package Includes:
- 4 Ready-to-Go Newsletters (.doc): You get 4 ready-to-go newsletters (.doc format that you can turn into downloadable PDFs) with 3 attractive designs to choose from. You can customize the newsletters with your logo, photo and other branding elements. There is space for product promotions, so you can monetize your newsletters too. You can send the newsletters as is or swap out with the other content we've made available in the package.
- 16 Articles (.txt): Each newsletter already comes with 2 articles inside, but we've included a total of 16 articles, so you can choose different articles if they prefer. You can also use the content to create additional issues, post it to you blog, add it to social media or publish it wherever you'd like.
- 1 Lead-Generating Opt-in Page: To help you grow your list with this content, we’ve included the opt-in copy and the WordPress-ready code. We even host the images!
- 8 Inspirational and Eye-Catching Quotes Graphics (JPG / PSD): Four of these are included in the newsletter, but you get 4 extras and all the files (PSD included too) to use on social media, on your blog and more.
- 8 Positive Affirmations Quotes Graphics (JPG / PSD): Help your subscribers better themselves through these positive affirmations. Four of these are inside the newsletters, but you get 4 extras and all the files (PSD included for editing, if you want) to use on social media or wherever you'd like.
Use the content for your newsletter, publish it to your blog, social media and more. Or sell the content as part of an information product, add links to affiliate products or promote your own products. The choice is yours!
To your great success,
Your Partner in Easy Product Creation